What causes Acne?Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders.
Bacteria can trigger inflammation and infection resulting in more severe acne. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Effective treatments are available, but acne can be persistent. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to go away, others seem to crop up. Acne and Scarring can cause emotional distress and low self-esteem.
Symptoms of Acne:
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores) -The follicle wall may bulge and produce a whitehead.
- Blackheads (open plugged pores) -Or the plug may be open to the surface and darken, causing a blackhead. A blackhead may look like dirt stuck in pores. But actually the pore is congested with bacteria and oil, which turns brown when it's exposed to the air.
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips - Pimples are raised red spots with a white center that develops when blocked hair follicles become inflamed or infected with bacteria.
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules) - Blockages and inflammation that develop deep inside hair follicles produce cystlike lumps beneath the surface of your skin and leads to painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
These factors can trigger or aggravate acne:
- Hormones. Androgens are hormones that increase in boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum.
- Certain medications. Examples include drugs containing corticosteroids, testosterone or lithium.
- Diet. Studies indicate that certain dietary factors, including skim milk and carbohydrate-rich foods.
- Stress. Stress can make acne worse.
Acne Scarring:Scars are a natural part of the body's healing process and result from the biologic process of wound repair in the skin and other tissues. It forms when the dermis (deep, thick layer of skin) is damaged.
The body forms new collagen fibers (a naturally occurring protein in the body) to mend the damage, resulting in a scar. The new scar tissue will have a different texture and quality than the surrounding tissue. Scars form after a wound is completely healed.
ConsultationA consultation forms the most important part of your treatment.
We are passionate about skincare as well as the goals you would like to achieve as far as possible. We therefore strongly believe that no skincare procedure or product can be as effective, without getting rid of the old and to activate dead important cells, energise and moisturise, before the healing process can begin. We work holistically and comprehensively with you and your skin to ensure great, faster, and long-lasting results.
After receiving your Medical History, we will call you for a short telephonic consultation before booking your physical consultation. The consultation will include your skin analysis, skincare planning, expected outcomes, costs, as well as the pre and post care for each procedure will be discussed with you during the consultation.
This may also include a series of treatments to boost your skin for further treatments.
Your skin prep will include skin care treatments, such as Deep Cleansing which may also include Extractions, Skin Peel, Mini Vac Dermabrasion, Rf Ozone treatment as well as the application of active ingredients.
In the case of active and inflamed acne, our doctor will prescribe medication and make recommendations to clear and calm the inflammation. This will be complemented with specific skincare products for you to use during this time to assist with this process. Once your skin has cleared from inflammation, we can start with active treatments to heal your skin and control new breakouts.
To ensure maximum results, it is important that you understand and take responsibility for the Pre- and Post Care of each procedure as well as during the treatment period.
During your treatment period, we will be using both Meso-jet Needleless Injections, Fractional Mesotherapy to infuse or inject active ingredients into your skin. A combination of other treatments will also be incorporated for further skin renewal and preventions.
We offer Vit IV Infusions to assist with acne and acne scarring, fighting inflammation, restoring and brightening damaged skin left in the wake of acne breakout, to regulate sebum, prevent acne breakout and improve skin by promoting collagen and elastin production, generating new skin cells, ensuring a healthier skin.
Some Meso Formulas that will be used on your skin:
Skin BoosterA Skin Booster formula with more than 63 active ingredients.
The main function is to boost stem cells and increase cellular metabolism. This exclusive blend contains all the nutrients for the cells and all the molecules involved in the Krebs cycle. These nutrients are essential for the cells to produce ATP (cellular energy). Our treatment enhanced the formula containing hyaluronic acid and growth factors for stronger action.
Benefits- Stimulate Stem cells. - Prevents skin aging. - Neutralizes free radicals. - Reduces the oxidation process. - Stimulates collagen I synthesis. - Firms the skin. - Moisturizes. -Soothes irritated and damaged skin. - It improves skin softness. - Reduces redness. - Fill deep wrinkles
Our Exclusive Scar FormulaIs designed to restructure and regenerate the dermal matrix. The epidermal and fibroblast growth factors are acting in synergy with all the ingredients. The Growth factors act on stem cells, new skin cells are generated and the skin is restructured. Treatment after treatment the skin recovers a normal and young appearance.
Organic SiliconThis formula has multiple activities such as, restructuration effects, prevention, protection, reparation and metabolism stimulation. It is non-toxic and non allergenic. It globally helps to restructure and reinforce the conjunctive tissue, collagen and elastin fibres. It also has a strong moisturising activity.
** Click HERE for pricing. **